Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Week 16: My Pregnancy Journey

How Big is the baby?

image courtesy of thebump.com
Happy four months of pregnancy! As of today baby L is weighing in at 3.5 oz and is 4.6 in. in long. Growing big and strong as the days go by. This week the baby can listen and hear what's going on around him or her. Glad he or she is starting to listen early so they can get used to Grace's bark over the next few months. In other news the baby is practicing its sucking and swallowing skills in preparation for eating. 

How I'm changing?
Not a whole lot to report this week. Total weight gain is between 2-3 lbs. I'm still able to wear my regular pants. Well, let me clarify I'm able to wear three pairs of button up pants, two pairs of black dress pants and one pair of jeans. I'm thinking in the next week or two this may not be the case. Here's an updated pic, as I robbed you all of one last week:





I've been feeling good and I have a lot more energy. I still fall asleep on the couch around 8:30-9ish, but I'm getting more accomplished before I pass out. 

The most exciting news is that I think I felt the baby yesterday. I can't be for sure as I have no real clue what it is suppose to feel like. My stomach kind of did flips and flutters yesterday afternoon so I'm thinking that might have been the baby. As the weeks go on I'm sure the feeling will be much stronger.

What else is going on?
Tomorrow I go in for a doctor appointment. Looking forward to hearing the baby's heartbeat again. 

Baby Joseph is doing really well. Can't wait till he gets to come home from the hospital and I can't wait to hold him. He is such a cutie with a full head of hair and the best hand movements and facial expressions I've ever seen.

Sunday we had a baby shower for my sister in law. I'll be sharing that later this week. That's pretty much it for now.  

No comments:

Post a Comment