Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Week 18: My Pregnancy Journey

Sorry I missed posting last week. It was a bit of a hectic week and it flew by.

How Big is the Baby? 
Today baby L is the size of a sweet potato. I love me some taters and I sure love this little tater growing inside of me. Baby L is weighing in at 6.7 oz and about of 5.6" in length from head to rump. Baby L has gone through a growth spurt that is for sure. 
Photo courtesy of thebump.com

Over the course of this week baby L is busy flexing his or her arms and legs. I haven't felt any movement since Week 16 so it may have just been bubbles, who knows. No matter what I look forward to feeling the baby more and more in the coming weeks. That extra reassurance that baby L is doing well will be much appreciated.

How I'm changing?

Well, the pounds are starting to creep on now. I've gained ~5 lbs and the results are that I've retired my regular pants. I had a lovely shopping spree at Destination Maternity on Saturday and picked up some pants and a skirt for the warmer days to come.   Here's a comparison pic:

7 weeks                                                                        18 weeks
I've had a lot more energy these last two weeks. Some nights I'm not getting to bed till 10:30!! The only weird pregnancy symptom occurred on Sunday at Easter mass. We were standing before communion for what seemed like a good 20 minutes. I started to feel dizzy and clammy. So I sat down. Of course Dr. Google and all 5-6 of my pregnancy books answered my question. The dizziness is a result of my increased blood flow to the baby. All the weird feelings that come with pregnancy constantly have me questioning: "is this normal?" 99% of the time the answer is yes. I'm very thankful that so far pregnancy has treated me well.

What else is going on? 
Sunday we celebrated Easter with my family. We attended the church where we were married almost 5 years ago. I really like going to holiday mass where we were married. It always puts me in a lovie mood. After that we went to my parents for brunch and the kids participated in an indoor Easter egg hunt. The weather has not been the best around here. We've had nasty storms and tornadoes touched down a little too close to home last week. A tornado touched down about 15 minutes from our house at the Airport and we were super lucky that it didn't hit us. Of course, Mike says its because I'm pregnant. That logic makes sense right.

His logic is similar to mine right now as I contemplate if our baby is a boy or a girl. For the last two months I had myself convinced we are having a boy and then someone comes into my office and tells me there is a pink balloon floating around the parking lot. Then, I switch gears and think it's a sign that I must be having a girl. All that aside we have exactly 2 weeks until our 20 week ultrasound and I couldn't be more excited. The planner in me can't wait to finish making decisions on the nursery and our registry.

Anyway, I'm rambling. I'll leave you with a few pics from Sunday.

K & M Easter 2011

M & our godson Liam Easter 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment