Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Eighth Month review

This is super duper late, but I figured I needed to get this up before he turns 10 months old tomorrow! Sorry about the photo explosion.

Dear Charlie,

Your eighth month was another big one for you. This month you learned to move! You started off the month on your knees and then proceeded to scooth on your belly. Then you moved onto rolling across the room. Aunt Beth named you "Char-nado" the day you rolled though the town your cousins built. Finally after all of that you crawled! It was just a little bit at first. Two "crawls" and then a drag on your belly to get my iPhone, but now it's all fours from one room to another. That progression happened in about five days.




In other news your teeth finally arrived! After months of questioning when they would arrive, your first bottom tooth popped through around May 16th and the second bottom tooth came about a week later. No pictures yet as you still like to cover them with your tongue.

Your talking has died down a bit this month. I think you were busy moving. there has been more happy yelling and schreeching. You've also been learning to wave.

On the food front you nurse 5-6 times a day. When I'm at work you take 3 4 oz bottles. You are still loving solids. You eat a 4 oz jar of fruit in the AM and then in the evening a 4 oz jar of veggies/ sometimes meat. You love your puffs, but I need to find an alternative since they are really just a sugary cereal. You aren't to sure about picking up other foods to eat, but if I feed it to you, you will eat. My little bird (not in an Alicia Silverstone way)
1st trip to the zoo

Then there is sleep. How could I forget this gem. You my dear started sleeping all night ~11-12 hours at the beginning of May. Sometimes you wake up once or twice. If it's early Daddy will come in, change you and rock you for a few minutes. If it's 3 AM I'll come in to feed you and then put you back in your crib. On special days, usually the weekend I'll feed you in our bed and sometimes we all fall back asleep. This is one of my favorite moments.

We love watching you grow. Keep up the great work little man. We are so proud of you!
2nd trip to the zoo with Val & Wyatt



Swinging

Out to breakfast in Clayton

Adjustment at Uncle Mike's

Gummy smile

Mother's Day the lake

Playing in the backyard

Playing at dinner

Naptime

Swimming at Aunt Beth's

Random nap positions

Water play with Grace

Playing with my giraffe from Great Gma & Gpa

Zoo trip

Playing with Joseph & Finn

Playing with my cousins

Looking at the fish

1 comment: