Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Week 19: My Pregnancy Journey

Almost half way there! Unbelievable...

How Big is the Baby?

This week Baby L is the size of a mango. Weighing in at 8.5 oz and 6" in length.

Photo courtesy of thebump.com
It's hard to believe 10 weeks ago you only weighed .07 oz. Boy oh boy are you growing. Speaking of gender, next week will be your big reveal and we are looking forward to that day. We can't wait to see how you've grown from that little oval on the screen with a tiny flickering heartbeat to a more human like form.



This week your sensory development is exploding, according to babycenter.com. You may be able to hear us now. Your arms and legs are in the right proportion to the rest of your body and you're starting to sprout some hair on your scalp.




How I'm changing?
Weight gain is at 6.5 lbs. The majority of this has been gained in the last 3 weeks. I'm hoping that I can keep it steady for my appointment next week, but ultimately I have to let the concern go because I'm pretty sure for the next 21 weeks I will just continue to keep gaining. I'm hoping the gain isn't in the range of 1.5 lbs/week as it has been in the last two weeks. Here's me at 19 weeks:

19 weeks

Other than the weight gain I've been feeling good. I'll say what I do every week, but I truly have been blessed with an easy pregnancy so far. (Let's hope this doesn't come back to bite me in the butt). I've had some aches in my back, but not much due to my weekly chiropractic visits to my brother in law and my weekly yoga sessions. I wake up usually around 5 AM and my legs ache. I usually just stretch them out/. Also, to alleviate the shifting hips etc, I purchased this awesome candy cane pillow that has helped a ton. Other than that not much. I haven't felt the baby yet and I continue to anticipate this amazing feeling.

What else is going on?

Continuing on baby mode updates, we purchased a beautiful french provincial dresser a few weeks ago on Craigslist. This weekend my sister and I painted it palladian blue by Benjamin Moore. Here is a before pic of the dresser and a swatch of the color:



I can't wait for next week once we find out what we are having so I can go buy fabric for the crib skirt, curtains etc. I'll give you an updated picture of the dresser hopefully next week. We have to paint the knobs and reattach them before we are all finished. Countdown to my ultrasound less than 7 days!!

No comments:

Post a Comment