Sunday, March 27, 2011

Party Projects!

One of my favorite things to do and something that I've had the joy to do over the past few years is host parties. I love planning for the big event and the excitement of celebrating those I love. More specifically, I love being crafty and turning ribbon, paper and really any material from a craft store into a beautiful decorative piece. One thing I still haven't mastered, but really hope to work on is sewing.

This weekend was the perfect weekend to stay inside and work on my projects for my sister-in-laws upcoming baby shower. Who would have thought after last weekends 80 degree weather, we would have 2-4 inches of snow. So while it looked like this outside:


I spent my time inside creating this:


I got the idea from here:

http://blog.tinyprints.com/trends-ideas/diy-topiary-centerpieces-for-parties-and-showers/

Tiny prints has been a favorite site of mine for a while. This is where I purchased other shower invitations as well as our family Christmas cards. The prices are fairly reasonable and typically you can find a coupon as well.  This is also where the above invitation was purchased from.

My next project will be the diaper cake. Here is a sample of a cake that I created for my friend Val's baby shower.


Hope you are enjoying your weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I have alot to live up to for your baby shower! ;0) I hope I wont disappoint you because you deserve the absolute BEST!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute topiary! I don't know how, but you always find such unique and cute craft ideas. Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete