Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Special Announcement

As many of you know by now Mike and I are expecting our first baby at the end of September. I am 13 weeks pregnant today and still feeling pretty good. Just tired, but luckily haven't had much morning sickness. Here's a quick recap of our appointments and what we know:

On Valentine's Day Mike and I went to my first doctor's appointment and were able to see our baby's tiny heartbeat during the ultrasound. Seeing the heartbeat was such an amazing miracle and the best gift we could give each other on Valentine's day. It still stuns me that our tiny baby is slowly growing inside of my body. At that time our baby was the size of a raspberry. Here is the picture from our ultrasound. Sorry it's difficult to see. I had trouble scanning it in.


Last week we had our second appointment and that is when we finally heard Baby L's heartbeat. Just a constant whooshing sound on the Doppler, but such a relief and joy to finally hear. At that time I was 11 weeks 6 days. Baby L had grown from the size of a raspberry to the size of a plum.

So here we are today at 13 weeks. Baby L measures about the size of a peach.



As you can tell from the past few weeks the baby has grown quite a bit from a raspberry to a peach in only a few short weeks. Many of you are asking for baby bump pictures, but as of today still no bump and luckily just one LB gained. The doctor says since it is my first baby the bump won't come until sometime between weeks 14-18. Our next appointment will be in April and then we will find out the sex in May. Any guesses on if Baby L is a boy or a girl?

1 comment:

  1. Both Chad & I think it's a GIRL! We are very excited for your growing family!

    ReplyDelete