Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Week 14: My Pregnancy Journey

It's time for a weekly update. This week's major announcement and accomplishment, entering the second trimester! Well, this may have happened sooner according to some websites and books, but we'll go with it.

How Big is the Baby?

Today the baby is about the size of a lemon. Weighing in at approximately 1.5 oz. and 3.4 in. in length.
Photo courtesy of thebump.com

Major milestones this week are that our baby can now squint, frown, grimace, pee, and possibly suck his or her thumb! 

How I'm changing?

Doesn't seem like much to report, but I do feel like I'm getting a little bigger. Total weight gain to date is 1.5 lbs. So I'm happy with that range. I'm hoping to keep my weight gain down to about 1/2 a lb over the next few weeks. Here's my first belly pic for ya'll:


I find it hilarious that before I took this picture I didn't think I was showing. Yep. I was wrong. 

In other news I had a weird pain on my left side last Thursday that of course freaked me out. When I did a bit of research I found that it is round ligament pain. This pain is caused by the ligaments beginning to stretch and thicken to support my growing size. Other than that I've just been tired and it usually hits me around 8:30 at night. This usually results in my crashing on the couch while we watch TV. 

What else is going on?

Worry. Stress. I'm amazed at the amount I worry now about everything. My solution to this has always been to plan ahead so I'm just trying to work through some of the stressors by making lists, spreadsheets etc. I'm sure it sounds a bit neurotic, but it brings me some peace. 

Oh and basketball. While I am enjoying watching March Madness, I'm pretty much done listening to squeaking bball shoes and crowds cheering. Wishing the weekends were more spring like and less like winter so I can escape to the outside to work on the yard. Hopefully this weekend. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment