Thursday, May 19, 2011

Week 21: My Pregnancy Journal

How Big is the baby?
Hello, banana. Again... Well, different sites say different things. Last week thebump.com said baby L was as big as a cantaloupe, which I guess I was in denial about because I didn't post that picture. Honestly, that just didn't make sense to me. This week they say as long as banana and that makes more sense.Babycenter.com says this week that baby is as long as a carrot. Anyway, we all know the length of these fruits and vegetables vary so we will just go with banana again.
Courtesy of thebump.com
Baby L is now about 10.5" long and 12.7 oz. He is inching toward that 1 lb mark and should hit that in the next few weeks. Baby boy is practicing his swallowing and digesting. His taste buds are even kicking in, so I should probably stop eating so many sweets and start eating more fruits and veggies so he has a taste for good, healthy food. He's also moving a lot more and I'm beginning to feel him more and more everyday.

How I'm changing?
Still feeling good. Weight gain is about 9-10 lbs. No real symptoms lately and no real cravings. I do want some buttered popcorn and I keep talking about going to the movies just so I can get popcorn. My energy levels are high and I've been staying up past 10 most nights.





What else is going on?
I've been having a blast planning the nursery and I plan to do a post on my ideas later this week. We ordered the crib this past Saturday and the dresser is now in the guest room, which will become the nursery. I absolutely love the dresser and am so excited about the purchase and repaint job my sister and I did.

In other news, time is flying by. Every week and weekend just keeps rushing by us and I stop and wonder if this is what the rest of my life will be like with a child. Will there be times when I feel like things slow down?? This upcoming weekend is pretty low key and we only have one scheduled event so far. Memorial day weekend will be super busy, but I look forward to seeing lots of friends and family and celebrating birthdays, my sis-in-laws graduation and the baby boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment