Saturday, August 20, 2011

Planning ahead-freezer meals

These days it seems that all I ever do is prepare for Baby L's arrival. Planning and preparing is one thing I do know how to do, so this definitely helps ease some anxiety for the big changes that are about to take place in our house. One way I am preparing for baby boy's arrival is by making and freezing meals ahead of time. Today Mike and I did some grocery shopping and tomorrow afternoon we will be cooking. I've decided we will be making six dishes total, which will last us 2-3 meals per dish. Tomorrow we will focus on making the chicken dishes. Here they are:





Chicken Tortilla Soup is something we typically make in the fall. I've never made this recipe before, but boy do I love using my crock pot. It makes life a lot simpler. The chicken broccoli casserole isn't something I've made before. As you've read in a previous post we like to make chicken, broccoli & potatoes, I figured this is similar. It also seemed to have great reviews. The BBQ chicken we never had until last night. I prepped the meal Wednesday night. Chopping all of the vegetables, which took me about 10-15 minutes and then Thursday I added the chicken, sauce and spices. No particular reason for that timing other than laziness. I set it in the fridge and then Friday when Mike came home for lunch he sprayed the crock pot with Pam and dumped in the ingredients. When I came home around 4:45 the smell of BBQ was wafting outside my house. Do you think it's drafty? ;) The results were very yummy. The one change we will make is instead of using drumsticks we will use chicken breasts the next time. So tomorrow we will be prepping the meals for the freezer.

No comments:

Post a Comment