Monday, June 27, 2011

Monogram Project

While my best friend Sarah was in town a few weeks ago we worked on a fun craft project. Sarah found this cute idea and tagged it on her Pintrest. (http://pinterest.com/) If you've never heard of Pintrest it is this lovely site where you can "pin" images. Pretty much like cutting something out of a magazine and pinning it on your cork board, but stored online and can be accessed anywhere. So back to my story, I saw her pin and quickly stole it for nursery inspiration. What is it you ask? It's a button monogram and it looks something like this:

http://americancrafts.typepad.com/studio/2011/02/element-monogram-tutorial-by-jen-jockisch.html
Here is what our final results look like:

Sarah added her beautiful piece of work to her gallery wall featuring many fabulous pics from her wedding last year. Here is a pic of her work:




My monogram while complete isn't in its final resting place. I plan to hang it behind my glider or do a gallery wall above the dresser. Here's a shot of my completed piece:

No comments:

Post a Comment