Thursday, June 9, 2011

Weekend Visitors

This past weekend we had the pleasure of hosting our friends Sarah and Tommy. The weekend was extra special as they were celebrating their first wedding anniversary. The two of them spent Friday doing touristy stuff. Touring Busch Stadium, the brewery and going up in the Arch. Friday night we went out to Blueberry Hill for dinner. Here are pics of us at dinner:




Saturday I made waffles for Sarah and myself. Since the boys aren't big breakfast people it was nice to be able to make something more than just a bowl of cereal or oatmeal. We then got to work on our art project. Here is what we were working on:

http://americancrafts.typepad.com/studio/2011/02/element-monogram-tutorial-by-jen-jockisch.html  
I'll post our results later on. We took a break from this and went to the Science Center to look around. There were so many things we could have done, unfortunately almost all of them were outside and at 98* none of us wanted to spend it outside. We headed to the Boathouse in Forest Park for lunch. Always one of my favorite places to go. We went home,  took naps and finished up our projects. Then we headed to Cicero's in the Loop for dinner and then walked to Fro Yo for dessert. I've never been to Cicero's and wish I would have before being pregnant. They have tons of drink choices and with the heat of the summer in full swing I've been missing beer. (Don't worry I just added O'Douls to my grocery list!) As you can see we like to eat. One of my favorite things about my friend Sarah is how we can just relax and be ourselves. There is no pressure. A lot of times when we visit with one another we spend most of the time eating and relaxing at home. By the end of the weekend I always look back and laugh that we didn't do a ton, but we definitely have our own fun. Can't wait to see her again in a few weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment